Thursday, June 27, 2013

New Goals. New Races.


Since next week I will have already achieved my previously set goal of running my first 5k, (I hope I didn't just jinx myself) I decided to get a head start on some new goals.  I decided to do short term and long term this time. 

Here they are:

New Races:


I signed up for two more races within the next 10 weeks.  I am going to do another 5k on July 24th.  This one is actually where I live and so it will be nice to do something close by.  It's part of their huge 24th of July celebration.  If you are interested in running it you can find the info here

The other race is going to be a 10k.  I am running it on August 31 and it is part of Midway's Swiss Day's Celebration.  You can find info here.

Yesterday I decided that I could run a 10k.  I mean I already can run a 5k without dying, what's 3 more miles?  I may or may not be insane.  I am the girl that couldn't even run a mile in high school, and now I am going to try to run 6.2 miles.  I'm freaked out, excited and nervous.  I thought a 5k was a huge deal for me, but this is much, MUCH bigger. 

 I also convinced my husband that he should run the 10k with me.  He is much faster than I am and so I'm pretty sure we won't be running side by side, but still it will be nice to have some support!  I have already formulated a plan for this new goal and will have my calendar up soon.  

No comments: